MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Travelbug delivery service
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=30426

California would be a HUGE jump for the new mission of this bug. Let me know how to get it to you.
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:

California would be a HUGE jump for the new mission of this bug. Let me know how to get it to you.

Well the rain put a damper on our family plans to get to Coolerville today - the boys were up for it, but the girls made us stay home. So tomorrow morning I'll make a solo run out there and nab the other TB - if you want, I can grab Durham Red from The Armory...if that's convenient enough for ya. Wink I don't know what time I'll be out and about, my best guess is mid-morning ish? If that doesn't work, lmk and we'll find another way - more soon, thanks!

-Ken
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The T B has been in California for awhile. I just received this e-mail:

Quote:
VinoBabe posted a note for Cooler Crew Travel Bug ~ Going to California (Travel Bug Dog Tag) at 5/9/2005

Log Date: 5/9/2005
OH MAN!! I just got back from Mexico today, and spent 4 hours @ LAX doing NOTHING! If only I would have checked my email! I could have totally picked it up and brought it home with me! Errrrr!
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL ya, I made a special trip to Los Angeles last weekend just to drop off that TB. We're staying in Riverside, 60 miles east, but I figured if I could find an LAX TB hotel, that would fast-track the TB to San Francisco.

So I placed it over the weekend, and Vinobabe just missed it...bad timing! That TB hotel is pretty much within sight of LAX, so I suspect it won't be there long. I marked the bag with the final destination, so hopefully someone will get it moving on the final leg soon!

I'm glad I found a good home for it - regular sized caches seem to be a real rarity out here. And one thing's for sure: Californians don't seem to care about the "private property" rules for caches...I'd say 80% have been on private land, or buildings, and nobody seems to care. Heck, I found one 10 feet from the front door of the local county courthouse...how crazy is THAT?! Anyway, fwiw - had fun with the TB, I'm currently carrying 15 Cali TB's in my suitcase, and will deposit them all in the Twin Cities when I *finally* get home from this looong 23-day trip next week. Can't wait to be home, even if it's for a little bit! London is next, I have 3 going there already in my possession...plenty of room for people to get more to me if you want. Thanks!

-Ken
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the four winds have blown me home to Minnesota at last tonight, back from 23 days in the land of smog and earthquakes. I'm in town for nine (!) whole days this time, before leaving again - travel plans are set and all tickets are booked now through July, including Europe. Europe sure seems to be a popular TB request destination, I already have 1 for Germany, 1 for France, and 2 for the U.K. - with one more London-bound TB coming my way this week. There's still plenty of time if anyone wants to get a TB over the pond, please e-mail me or post it here if you are interested! Updated schedule below:

May 24th-June 10th: Windom, MN ; Sioux Falls, SD
June 14th through July 5th: Europe (France, England, Germany)
Mid-July: Tomah/Baraboo/Plymouth, Wisconsin
August: Adelaide/Sydney/Brisbane/Perth/Melbourne, Australia (3 TB's on board so far)
Sept-Dec: West TX, FL, Central TX, Mexico, Belgium, Italy

Weather and time permitting, I will drop a half-dozen or so incoming TB's from California at a couple of TB hotels around town tomorrow morning...Thanks, and cheers!

-Ken
BB&D
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have one that would like to go to London. Where could we drop it for you, possibly early tommorow? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://img.groundspeak.com/track/log/db386d94-2434-44e5-be26-4fff7458ad2c.jpg
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew, finally comin' back to the Twin Cities tomorrow, then off to London next Monday! Total bug inventory heading across the pond stands at 9 (higher response from y'all than anticipated!), with one more coming from GPSr - last call for anyone who wants to add a bug to the trip, the timing is tight but I'll find the time to make it work. Post a note here, e-mail me, or drop me a private msg if interested - more soon, thanks!

-Ken
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, the last of the 11 TB's I carried to Australia have been safely placed, hopefully some of 'em will even make it back to the States. We'll be here for another two weeks, then will be back in MN for 7 whole days before heading for El Paso, TX for 24 more days of fun 'n games. I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has a bug they want to get to El Paso (CAG territory) or the great SouthWest, post it here, e-mail me, or drop me a private message and we'll get it worked out - I'll be in Mpls from Aug 31 through Sept 6th. Thanks!

-Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: