MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum message delivery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Forum message delivery Reply with quote

Maybe this is a bad idea to be asking this question... Something to think about however:

Although I have no problem logging into the forums to look for new messages (I am speaking about the public forums mostly, but I guess it could include the private ones as well), my preference has always been to have messages delivered via email rather than having to go to a web page to retreive them.

Is it possible (I assume it's not with the current software) to get messages posted to the forum delievered via email with some different software? What is involved in this - is it worth it?

Am I the only one that thinks this way, or do most prefer to have it as is?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BananaForce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: rss Reply with quote

I think it would be nice to have the new messages availiable in an RSS feed. Then I would be updated with updates at the same time I check all the blogs I check for updates.

However I haven't seen this used in forums before. I could see new topics showing up this way, but probably not replies to topics. But who knows.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Always notify me of replies:
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post.

Profile option
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
Quote:
Always notify me of replies:
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post.

Profile option

They are talking about having the forum posts themselves sent to them and not having to come to the forum to read them. The forum topic reply notification just tells you that someone wrote a reply in one of the forums you either have posted in already or are watching.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The forum topic reply notification just tells you that someone wrote a reply in one of the forums you either have posted in already or are watching.

OK, never mind .... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Website All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: