MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Earth Day 2005

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Earth Day 2005 Reply with quote

Crosby Farm Regional Park
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...bump....

I felt bad that I missed the CITO event this past Sat. at SwedeHollow and left all the work to Towlebooth, Jillebean, K-Corn, and Miles58!!!

The 4 of them went that extra step to make it a great CITO event even in the rain!!!

....with that being said......Please do what you can to make the CITO event this Friday at Crosby....even if you can't make the trash out..stop by for the fire.

Mucluck and KB have put a lot of effort into making this a good event.

There will be gloves and trash bags provided!

Arrow btw...mucluck is also making "dutch oven cakes"....I just know SilentBob will show up for that Wink
miles58
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your new avatar looks like you're trying to pass a sandbur.

Please change it back.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This event will be listed in an Earth Day list at http://www.startribune.com/242

Arrow Although the "work" will be done between noon and 5:00 pm, the event continues until 10:00 pm

Everyone is welcome at whatever time is convenient. Also, by late afternoon, the "undesirables" should be realizing we don't intend to leave for awhile. Twisted Evil

(edit) The Startribune lied to me, online only.

Last edited by King Boreas on Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have about 30 pairs of gloves from the city...but I'd suggest to bring your own "leather" ones...since this are just garden-type cloth...
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
This event will be listed in an Earth Day list at http://www.startribune.com/242

Nice work getting this publicized.

-Aaron
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N 44° 53.924 W 093° 09.549

Now don't go running out there, cause it's not there yet.

Temporary cache: Love The One You're With
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for setting this up!!!

I know that people are still showing up as I'm typing this!!

good pile of trash has been taken out of the park!

What a great feeling to be part of a great cleanup project in one of the largest city parks in our state!!!!

I want to send a LARGE thanks to King B. and Mucluck for all the hard work!!!! Very Happy

Also thanks to St. Paul parks and rec. for gloves and trashbags!!!! Very Happy
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a windy, semi-chilly day, several Minnesota geocachers, Winter Carnival medallion hunters and park visitors participated in an Earth Day event at Crosby Regional Park (Crosby Farm Nature Area).

Thanks to the Park Department for supplying the bags and gloves.

A lot of good work was done, and it was great to see people who were not aware of the event, asking questions, grabbing gloves and trash bags, and helping out. A visitor from Tibet, Lama Gendun Gyatso and his friend Victor Rangle were very interested in what we were doing, and filled a bag with trash during their walk along the river.

It was good to see Perrine again, after a couple years. Thanks for helping out.

It was nice to meet Mr. and Mrs. Rubber Toes, who were cachin' and trashin' most of the day.

Had a nice chat with Rickrich, gave him a minor hint on a cache. [Smile] I really appreciate your comments too. [Smile][Smile]

Many other 'cachers and members of the Cooler Crew attended. MrMNMikey found his first cache, without a GPSr and without trying. Hmmm I wonder where it was??

We never got his name, but "Guy on a Bicycle" was very active during the day. Had a nice chat with him.

The "parade" during the day was interesting. It seemed like some vehicles ran the route several times.

Didn't make it to the event? You missed out on the world's best campfire cakes, baked by the multi-talented mucluck. Chocolate was good, but I still have to pick the pineapple upside-down cake as the best cake I've ever eaten. Yummm

Speaking of mucluck, she did a lot of the prep work for this event, and I can't thank her enough. [:X]
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Google:

Quote:
Lama Gendun is resident teacher at the Minnesota Sakya Center in Minneapolis, the oldest Tibetan Buddhist center in the state. The Minnesota Sakya Center was founded in 1978 by the current head of the thousand year-old Sakya lineage, H.H. Sakya Trizin. Lama Gendun was born in Mustang, Nepal, on the border of Tibet. He studied for twenty years in India and holds the degree of Acharya, equivalent to a master’s degree in Buddhist philosophy from Sakya College in Dehra Dun in the foothills of the Himalayas. Lama Gendun has lived in Minnesota since 2000.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: