MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Duluth Area Geocaching Meeting (second ever!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Duluth Area Geocaching Meeting (second ever!) Reply with quote

I'm proposing another get-together. After reviewing the MNGCA calendar, it appears that the weekend of April 15-17 would be a nice choice. Are there any preferences for a date/time/location?

I'm thinking of keeping it very similar to last year's event (just a general get-together over food at a restraurant) as it was very successful last year, although I'm open to suggestions. I think we'll need to find a new place though as we were much too big for the Duluth Grill...

I typically work Sunday evenings so I'm looking at organizing something on a Friday evening (for those that work Fridays) or something on Saturday.

- Pear Head
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's that weekend, I'd be able to attend. I was planning on going up to Duluth anyway in Mid-April.

Also, the MnGCA event up there is tenativly set to June 4, where we will try to get attendance from people all over the state. Tenative until hopefully tomorrow after I talk again with the Duluth Parks to see if I can get everything reserved. I was scoping out parks and camp areas this weekend up there.

I'll pencil the weekend of April 15-17 in my calendar for your event. Your previous one was a big success!

-Aaron
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm good for a Friday or Saturday meeting that weekend, but I realize it's up to the discretion of the Duluth area geocachers when and where an event in that area is held. I do need an excuse to get out of the cities for a weekend, though.
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First week in June is major skeeters in TC. Is it OK in Duluth?
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be in Duluth on the 16th-17th for a Junior Bowling Tournament.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
northtrekker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: great! Reply with quote

Sounds like a great plan, as of now that weekend works for me.
I have caching fever. It's been a stagnant couple of months up north
for me ... and we still have heaps of snow. I did get out yesterday
and find a few winter friendly caches.

What's going on on 6/4/05 in Duluth? Ahh that's a great day, my
last day of work for 3 months and then a Mudro EP - BWCA permit
for the 5th. But I'd cancel that for a caching gathering!

NTrek
IBcrashen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickrich wrote:
First week in June is major skeeters in TC. Is it OK in Duluth?

By that time we usually get a couple of days above freezing so the bugs could be out Laughing
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Duluth Area Geocaching Meeting (second ever!) Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
I'm proposing another get-together. After reviewing the MNGCA calendar, it appears that the weekend of April 15-17 would be a nice choice. Are there any preferences for a date/time/location?

I'm thinking of keeping it very similar to last year's event (just a general get-together over food at a restraurant) as it was very successful last year, although I'm open to suggestions. I think we'll need to find a new place though as we were much too big for the Duluth Grill...

I typically work Sunday evenings so I'm looking at organizing something on a Friday evening (for those that work Fridays) or something on Saturday.

- Pear Head

The only problem with that weekend is - Groundspeak is sponsoring the Third Annual International Cache In Trash Out Day on April 16th, 2005

Crying or Very sad

A MnGCA event is in the works, just waiting for a reply from the DNR about the Luce Line, a state trail west of the cities.

-J.T.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The only problem with that weekend is - Groundspeak is sponsoring the Third Annual International Cache In Trash Out Day on April 16th, 2005

KB does have his Earthday event planned for the 22nd of April, and I think that'll work as an official CITO day event, even though it isn't on the official CITO day.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of some scheduling difficulties on my part, I'm going to create the event for Friday evening, April 15 (tax day). More details to follow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot- we will be out on the east coast-visiting rellies and friends and caching. On Padre Island now- nice caches here.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The event will be on Friday, April 15th (tax day). We will start around 6pm.

I have reservations at the Maya Family restaurant for approx 40 people which we can nail down a little better in the week before (last year I think we had about 35 attend). The Maya says we will be able to sit together.

The restaurant is located across from the Miller Hill Mall on Hwy 53 (the old Godfathers building). I will post a cache page here once I have it approved.

- Pear Head
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should probably add that the Maya restaurant is a family owned Mexican restaurant... I believe we will be seated in the upstairs which is fairly large.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GCN7JQ
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time. Good to meet some new people, and see again some people I've only met at the previous Duluth meeting. I ate a lot of nachos. I'll see if I can get photos up tomorrow or Monday.

Moe the Sleaze, Team Hooligan, Marsha and Silent Bob and I followed the meeting up with IBcrashen's GCHGN6 Dark Forest of Knowlton. I cannot say enough good things about this night cache. A great time was had by all.

Evening topped off with a pint and scotch at Fitger's.

Overall made for a great evening in Duluth.

Thanks for setting it up and hosting it, Pear Head.

-Aaron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: