MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CITO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Friday it is.......Thanks!!! Very Happy
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just came back from a quick motorcycle ride.......stopped at the park for a quick assessment....looks like the City has just placed a large dumpster.... They must have cleaned some because the general grounds look a lot better than the last time I visited.

I walked back by where the cache is hidden (GCHH99)...there is still all the same trash in that area.

I would estimate that with 2 of us cleaning....we probably will only need about an hour or so to make it presentable.

Lots of people enjoying the park and walking dogs tonight.

I'm hoping my 2 caches get approved tomorrow morning........That would help make the trip for miles58 a little better (with the price of gas and all!!...may as well make the trip count =)

Shawn Very Happy
miles58
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: CITO Reply with quote

Shawn,

I am looking at being there sometime 1630-1700. Ill be bringing my son who's 12 and a good helper. I just went out and bought a new GPSr, one of the Ifinder-GO units. The screen is a little small, the updates a little slow, but for $80 I got a mapping GPS with 48 hour battery life and 16 channels.

For sure we'll do the cache in the park, depending on the time and light maybe the other one too.
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks miles58 and son!!!! It was great to get to meet you...and your help was greatly appreciated!!

Got to see the new I-Go ...looks like alot of "bang for the buck"

We spent a fair amount of time cleaning in the park....it looks a whole lot better now.

jambro, sorry we missed you....if you need help near some of your caches with some CITO...let me know and I will fit it into my schedule.

Shawn Very Happy
miles58
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: CITO near jambro Reply with quote

Shawn,

If you like to eat mushrooms maybe the first/second week in May we can CITO a little in Chain of Lakes where Jim has one and I have one and with a
little luck we find enough morels to make it well worth the time.

I think KB has one a mile south too. Aw heck, that's probably a given, he must have one within a mile or so of everywhere.
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think KB has one a mile south too. Aw heck, that's probably a given, he must have one within a mile or so of everywhere.

Ya think!? Wink Shocked

Sounds good to me....just give me a little warning when it gets closer and I should be able to make it. Rolling Eyes
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, sorry I missed it. Maybe next time...
miles58
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: CITO Reply with quote

Jim,

We cleaned up some, we played with our toys some, we talked some.

Oh yeah, did a couple caches too.

I haven't been in Chain of Lakes park since long before it was a park before I placed Old Rookery. Wiht all the dead wood in there it ought to be a good place to pick mushrooms, and I've removed enough junk just on a trip in to place the cache to make it a worthwhile job in the cache area. I am sure that tthe other end of the duck pass still has tons of stuff, much of which can't really be carried out.
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if I'd be into the mushrooms, but if you know where we can do some cleanup, that would be cool. I'm sure it'd be good to scout some areas for new caches, also. Sounds like you know the area pretty well...if you've got some ideas for cleanup and some time, let me know, I'm off this week.
miles58
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: CITO Reply with quote

Jim,

There's a lot of old crap way back in the park. I think it will be easiest if I bring a canoe and we CITO the far in parts of the park then stash the bags along one of the lakes or the creek for pickup by canoe to freight out to a landing. Probably be good to talk with the Anoka parks people first to see if they will dispose of what we haul out to a road for them.

The Ospreys are back now, I need to ride the mountain bike back in far enough to see if the one pole near a lot of junk is in use. If it is, we wouldn't be able to clean anywhere near it lest we disturb them and they leave.

I know the area very well. This park is big enough to need a half dozen more caches to attract more people out here. It's a nice little canoe trip from Peltier down through George Watch, Marshan, Rice and Baldwin. It'd be easy to string out 6-8 of 'em that were canoe accessible only.

Dave
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This park is big enough to need a half dozen more caches to attract more people out here.

I claim Baldwin ! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
miles58
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: CITO Reply with quote

KB,

Is this where I am supposed to say something foolish like "Lets see who can get one placed and approved first"???
miles58
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: CITO Reply with quote

KB,

A proposition:

How about do Jim and I paddle and you fire up your autoloading cache shooter and shot out another fifty or so ?
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: CITO Reply with quote

miles58 wrote:
KB,

A proposition:

How about do Jim and I paddle and you fire up your autoloading cache shooter and shot out another fifty or so ?

LOL!!

Let me know when you're into it. This week I'd be available, but mrs j and I will be out of town from 4/17 until 4/23. I'd love to go check out the area! I was a Scoutmaster for a local BS troop, and took the boys on a canoe trip throught the lakes, starting at the canoe launch off of 242 and ending at the seaplane base. We had a blast! Wouldn't mind doing it again, I don't have a canoe, but would be into it...
miles58
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: CITO Reply with quote

I have a couple of canoes, if KB brings his cache autoshooter we might need the second one as a barge to tow along to hold his "ammo"

I can think of a number of decent places along the route for caches. Some should be micros, some should be regulars.

If I get a little time free this evening maybe I'll build a battery pack for a FTF prize
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Central MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: