MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On going COTM discussions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Bob, thanks for bringing back the COTM. Even if it was short lived. I can't believe the crap you have to put up with. I don't blame you in the least for giving it up. What a touchy subject. Hard to imagine all the bickering over such a simple thing.
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't expect there will be a gap in COTM service. Afterall, I am sure those who felt it should be done differently and had all of these ideas for change will step right up and spearhead the project so that they can show us just how great the ideas will work. The project is now open. It is time to put up or shut up.
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm withholding judgement on this whole controversy until I hear how Jesse Jackson feels about it.
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can't believe the crap you have to put up with. I don't blame you in the least for giving it up. What a touchy subject. Hard to imagine all the bickering over such a simple thing.

Rolling Eyes

For the record: I just want to say that I in no way have an issue with the COTM situation, or ongoing discussion. I think it is a fine idea, and hope to see it live on. What dissapoints me, is just the arrogance and egocentricism of many of the members here. Aren't we all "Geocachers"? Aren't we all "Minnesotans" or close to it? Aren't we all "People"? Since when are some of us better then others? Appearently it's just my problem, but I don't remember seeing this sort of behavior outlined anywhere. I may come across with tone here and there depending on the discussion and how I feel about it, but I make darn sure to respect my fellow cachers as best I can. All I ask is that everyone try to do the same... Wink

Exclamation For those of you who don't agree with my thoughts here, don't worry, because I don't have many caches found or forum posts anyway,,, so it's totally irrelevant right?
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For those of you who don't agree with my thoughts here, don't worry, because I don't have many caches found or forum posts anyway,,, so it's totally irrelevant right?

This is totally bogus.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic has run its course and if someone else picks up COTM in the near future they are free to start their own thread about the issues that may be involved.

Locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: