MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memorial Day St Paul Press
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Slashdotted Reply with quote

GREAT.

The lame article is now on Slashdot.

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/06/04/127224&mode=thread&tid=126

(For those that are not familiar - this site probably gets about 100 times more hits than the Pioneer Press does.)

-Aaron
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:42 am    Post subject: Oh no ... Reply with quote

Now I'm on SlashDot

Here's an e-mail I got from a New York movie producer:

Quote:
Ian,

You're famous... but you already know that. Here I am reading the PP this morning and... well, you get the idea.

I hope all is well with you and your family. The editing on Cold Feet is
going well, and we're planning to premiere it in either early December or in January right before the hunt.

Take care...

Trent

Cold Feet is a documentary about the St. Paul Winter Carnival Medallion Hunt. I have a cameo, featuring *tools of the hunt*

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: A newbie because of the article..... Reply with quote

at least there is something 100 percent positive.
take a look....
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=31350
Quote:
By AirJer
This was my first find. It was pretty neat. I always thought that a gps treasure hunt would be alot of fun. I saw the article in the paper the other day and thought I would give it a try. Of course the wife just rolls her eyes. I felt like a little kid in a toy store looking for that one special toy. It was really cool to spot it and open it up to see what was inside. thanks.
P.S. took a bobber left a dollar (in my excitement to go and find it I forgot to bring something to put in so I thought to myself, self should I leave a Dollar or my gps? A dollar seemed o.k.)

Sounds like my wife.
Also sounds like Centris's Hubby.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Media Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: