MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Travelbug delivery service
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Travelbug delivery service Reply with quote

Howdy, I am about to start my heavy business travel schedule - we do this once every 3 years, and unlike the other two world tours, I'll actually have a GPSr with me for some geocaching. Smile If anyone has any TB's they want me to courier someplace specific for them, please feel free to drop me a line here or privately - I'm always willing to help! My schedule so far:

March: Lincoln, Nebraska (taking two for zoejam72)
April: Windom, MN / Sioux Falls, SD
May: Riverside & El Cajon, CA
May/June: Australia (Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne, Sydney)
June: UK (London)
July: Tomah/Baraboo/Plymouth, WI
Aug: Belgium, Italy (Rome)
Sep: El Paso, TX
Sep: Orlando, FL
Oct: Abilene, TX

Some trips are subject to change, but I will do my best for ya - lmk, thanks!

-Ken
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do I apply for your job?

-Aaron
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Frogger is not my bug, but I've picked it up twice since it's been in Minnesota, and it's supposed to go to the San Diego coast area--if you want to hold on to it for a couple of months until you go to California, I'll PM you and let you know where and when I place it in a cache. Hopefully you'll get a chance to grab it and help it get a lot closer to its goal, and also get it out of Minnesota so I stop running in to it all the time.
GPSr
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great. I may have one for your Australia trip. I'll let you know.
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:
Where do I apply for your job?

LOL trust me, a visit to Tomah/Baraboo/Plymouth, WI isn't THAT exciting, it can't make up for the downsides to the job! (Could be worse, Toro used to have plants in Evansville, IN and Oxford, MS as well!)

15T & GPSr, anything I can do to help, I will! There will be at least 2 other cachers going on each of the trips with me, so between us all we'll get 'em placed. I'd be happy to nab Happy Frogger from 15T or from a cache - the last one it came from is right by ArcticFox's house, and he's traveling to half the sites as well, so please feel free to drop me a line and we'll find a way to get it into one of our hands.

Also: forgot to add another short trip, our annual trip to the NCAA Hockey finals. This year our journey will take us to lovely Columbus, OH from April 6-10 - if anyone has a bug that's dyin' to get to Ohio in a couple of weeks, please let me know. Thanks!

-Ken
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LOL trust me, a visit to Tomah/Baraboo/Plymouth, WI isn't THAT exciting

I was stuck there for a week my car broke down and no family to help me....I feel your pain....sorry to take this a bit off topic....
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a couple TBugs for ya FSU*noles, picked em up outta state, and I believe they both want to get around a bit, so it'd be cool to get them back outta state.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
April: Windom, MN / Sioux Falls, SD
May: Riverside & El Cajon, CA

Well, maybe ... it's kinda cheating, but:

On April 2nd, a race will begin, between bugs starting in Minnesota and California. My bug will start here:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=04078799-2e85-4fa1-95e4-1d69b3318b4f
Honorary Mayor of Coolerville (Joe Soucheray)

and VinoBabe's bug will start here:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7f58d3ee-69ae-48e5-8c89-fc26a18d727c
Clueless Joe

The winner is the bug to reach the other cache first.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When ChickadEagles and I had a TB race (both started in Duluth and had the same goal), we established some ground rules, including that we couldn't pick the bug up ourselves and move it. It was understood that anything else was legit.

His bug is almost at the halfway point (Indianapolis). Mine is MIA after getting to Illinois I believe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:

Well, maybe ... it's kinda cheating, but:

LOL well all's fair with love and TB's, right? Smile April/May has changed slightly, but nothing that will affect the race. We have tix booked now for:

3/28 : Arrive Lincoln, NE
4/6: Arrive Columbus, OH
4/10: Arrive back in Lincoln, NE
4/13: Arrive back in Mpls

Departure for Riverside, CA is anticipated the week of 4/25 and I should know the dates for sure tomorrow. We'll go from Riverside directly to El Cajon two weeks after that.

Anyway, I'll miss the drop date of 4/2 - if it's within reach around 4/14 when I get back into town, I'll make sure to take the drive wherever it is to grab it. If KC0GRN gets it first, I'll rough him up first until he hands it over. Wink If you want me to fast-track it to CA for ya, I'll be more than happy to help!

PS GPSr: Aussie has been moved from May/June to August, fyi - lmk if that hurts or helps your TB. Regards,

-Ken
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect FSU*noles. I just picked up a travelbug today that's lookin to get to Ohio.

I'll haveta get those Bugs to you this next weekend.
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travel update - Travelbug delivery service always open and ready for deliveries!

Nebraska/Ohio: leave Monday. TB's received: two for NE, one for OH

Next destination - Plans final, airline tix booked:

4/21: Arrive San Diego, CA
4/29: Arrive Riverside, CA
5/14: Arrive Mpls

KB: Will attempt to track down your CA-bound bug when I get back from Nebraska ~4/13

Miscue: Happy Frogger TB, who wants to get to San Diego. 15Tango and I crossed e-mails, the TB was dropped in a cache and retrieved by someone else. Will try to to track it down ~4/13

Other TB's received: Super-cute one that is destined for Australia

Plenty of room on the itin for any TB's who want to escape Minnesota - thanks!

-Ken
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=cef47d76-91b6-4632-bbb0-eb70c002bab1

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=dade61c6-4540-4019-86cd-221a74e8f5f7
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, finally back from NE/OH, leaving for CA in 5 days. I have 5 TB's already making the trip to California, plenty of room for more - contact me if you have a bug that wants to head West.

I'm still working with MNMIzzou to grab "Happy Frogger" so he can complete his goal - and tomorrow, the 'Noles family will visit the Honorary Mayor of Coolerville in an attempt to jump-start KB's bug and give it a monster lead in the big race.

Although these are work trips, we still find time to get out...final stats for this trip were:

Ohio: 23 caches, 14 TB's placed, 13 TB's retrieved
Nebraska: 34 caches, 11 TB's placed, 8 TB's retrieved

The next trip after Cali is SW MN/Sioux Falls, SD/Sioux City, IA around Memorial Day weekend, then London in June. Who knew couriering TB's could be so fun? Smile Thx,

-Ken
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
tomorrow, the 'Noles family will visit the Honorary Mayor of Coolerville in an attempt to jump-start KB's bug and give it a monster lead in the big race.

HEH.

Samantha (VinoBabe) will be surprised. THANKS Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: