MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March 2005 Cache of the Month -- VOTE HERE

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be March 2005 COTM?
The Seminary by Rick-san
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
Ramsey Park Cache - 2002 Version by 3B~Brothers
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: March 2005 Cache of the Month -- VOTE HERE Reply with quote

It's time to vote! In this post you will find the caches which have been nominated to be the MnGCA March Cache of the Month.

Voting ends on March 31st (out like a lamb). Rules for nominations Arrow here. Thanks to those who submitted nominations and to all voters!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nomination articles: (in no particular order):
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Seminary by Rick-san
Nominated by Silent Bob

During a recent weekend away at a bed and breakfast in Cannon Falls, Marsha and I made a side trip 25 miles south to Mantorville to visit two of the more interesting caches in the state by the same hider, Rick-san.

Our first stop was a January Cache of the Month nominee, Thank You Mr. Ginsberg, which was a fantastic piece of history in a beautiful small Minnesota town. After a quick lunch at a nearby establishment Marsha and I made our way to The Seminary. Any other hider would have immediately attempted to create a virtual cache out of the memorial but luckily Rick-san leads you through a wonderful wooded area about 250 feet from the main attraction, just far enough to keep you out of site from the usual foot traffic at the site.

In typical great cache fashion I spent most of my time exploring the seminary ruins and taking photos than worrying about the cache itself. After taking several snapshots with both my digital and mobile cameras we made the short walk to the cache and logged the find.

If you are looking for a great cache with some wonderful history I highly suggest making the short trip down to Mantorville to visit Rick-sanís The Seminary.

Ramsey Park Cache - 2002 Version by 3B~Brothers
Nominated by loneeagle_24

This cache is located in the state's largest municipal park, Alexander Ramsey Park, located in Redwood Falls, MN. This beautiful, city owned, park has a few other caches in it and even includes a zoo, many paved trails that meander throughout, and ample parking in several different areas.

What makes this one special is the scenic walk on a paved trail to the cache. You walk by a beautiful waterfall after walking over a suspension bridge. The terrain to get to this cache makes it all the more interesting. I definately recommend bringing a camera with for this cache.

This cache was not an easy find for me if you look at my "no find" logs. It took me until the third try to find this cache because the cache was very well hidden. I looked right at the cache the second trip there and still didn't see it but this cache is still kid friendly.

This is a great park and great cache that should be on everyones list to find if you are in the area.

This cache was one of the early caches I found and I remember this one to this day. This cache is definately in my top ten caches found. Please take the extra time to visit the zoo and other interesting areas of this park.

Please note that this submission was edited by Silent Bob prior to posting.

Last edited by Marsha and Silent Bob on Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures of The Seminary (hosted by Silent Bob):

http://gallery.lazylightning.org/gc-20050117/100_1589
http://gallery.lazylightning.org/gc-20050117/100_1590
http://gallery.lazylightning.org/gc-20050117/100_1592

I could find no other pictures available for the other two caches. If anyone has some please let me know so I can link to them.
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have abstained from voting because I have yet to visit ANY of the caches that've been nominated for COTM. Hopefully, with the coming of longer days and warmer weather, that may change.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only a couple days left to vote.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On going discussion about issues over COTM has been split off and moved here.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: