MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Family Guy/American Dad Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm much more of a Harvey Birdman, Family Guy and Simpsons fan. But I don't have kids. . .
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
I'm much more of a Harvey Birdman, Family Guy and Simpsons fan. But I don't have kids. . .

Nothing says obey me like a bloody head on a fencepost! Now that's what I call disciplining your children Wink
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Family Guy is great stuff (see my avatar). That show is highly underrated. I guess it was a little too raw for Fox, but I'm surprised that Fox ever agreed to air it in the first place.

I also like Ren & Stimpy and The Tick. My son introduced me to R&S. At first, I didn't know what to make of them, but because I have a childish sense of humor, it didn't take long before they grew on me. They are out on DVD now too. Must-have-Ren-&-Stimpy-DVDs!!
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzzygirl wrote:
The Family Guy is great stuff (see my avatar). That show is highly underrated. I guess it was a little too raw for Fox, but I'm surprised that Fox ever agreed to air it in the first place.

It's coming back to Fox later this year!

Buzzygirl wrote:

I also like Ren & Stimpy and The Tick.

Huge Tick fan since the B&W comic days.
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's coming back to Fox later this year!

Yup, all new episodes! He (Seth MacFarlane) also have a new series out on both Fox and Cartoon network called "American Dad" I've seen the first episode. I didn't really care for it, but I'll give it a season to see how it pans out.
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sui generis wrote:
Yup, all new episodes! He (Seth MacFarlane) also have a new series out on both Fox and Cartoon network called "American Dad" I've seen the first episode. I didn't really care for it, but I'll give it a season to see how it pans out.

You didn't like it because it makes horrible fun of the right-wingers. The part where God calls Bush and tells him to stop talking about their supposed relationship was classic. Of course it's only a cartoon right? Bush would never claim that God wanted him to be President...

I thought some parts were a bit silly (ie "Oh, I thought I had to fart.") but it was Family Guyish humor, what can ya do?

Last edited by Marsha and Silent Bob on Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME!!

*Buzzy does her happy dance*
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
You didn't like it because it makes horrible fun of the right-wingers. The part where God calls Bush and tells him to stop talking about their supposed relationship was classic.

ROTFL! Very Happy This show, I gotta see...
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: My comment was originally on the joelcam/spongebob thread when it went off-topic. The off-topic portions and my post then split off after I made fun of you guys:

Quote:
So tell me more about how Camjoel and Squarebob Spongepants were on TV.

-Aaron

So now my post is pointless.

Now back to our regular programming.

Last edited by s4xton on Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You didn't like it because it makes horrible fun of the right-wingers.

No, that isn't it, I just couldn't get into it. Probably mostly for the simple reason it isn't family guy. The fish was kind of annoying, he needs to be flushed in episode 2. The alien is OK, but the excretion thing got old quickly. The siblings are pretty good. The father is still an idiot, but he seems to lack the likeable charm I see in Peter. Paranoia/control freak just isn't as funny as buffoon. Then again, I like the Three Stooges.

It just wasn't as clever as Family Guy IMNSHO.
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. He just isn't as loveable. Then again, what over-paranoid right-wing government agent is? Smile

The fish was kinda dumb until you find out why he can talk and what happened to the guy that had his brain swapped with the goldfish.
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Favorite Family Guy episode? Reply with quote

So what are you favorite Family Guy episodes? I like pretty much all the episodes from seasons 1 and 2 (haven't seen anything from season 3 yet) but a couple of them stand out as being particularly funny to me:

"I am Peter, Hear Me Roar"- where Peter gets a little too "in touch" with his feminine side. One scene in particular nearly had me on the floor-- where Peter tries to nurse Stewie.

I also like "Wasted Talent", where Peter gets to tour the Pawtucket Patriot brewery and later ends up doing an awesome piano recital while he's drunk.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite Family Guy episode? Reply with quote

Buzzygirl wrote:
"I am Peter, Hear Me Roar"- where Peter gets a little too "in touch" with his feminine side. One scene in particular nearly had me on the floor-- where Peter tries to nurse Stewie.

It's not Peter that is funny in that scene... It's Stewie. When he realizes what's going on and then he starts shuddering heh.

Quote:
I also like "Wasted Talent", where Peter gets to tour the Pawtucket Patriot brewery and later ends up doing an awesome piano recital while he's drunk.

Heh. When "Death" gets to do some drinking because the college kids die of alcohol poisoning.
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Brian/Stewie travel episodes. I also like the episode when Peter forms Petoria, his own country.
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite Family Guy episode? Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
It's not Peter that is funny in that scene... It's Stewie. When he realizes what's going on and then he starts shuddering heh.

Yep, that's it!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: