MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

geocaching.com UI upgraded and new features added!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: geocaching.com UI upgraded and new features added! Reply with quote

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=91215

Jod and crew have added the ability to "bookmark" caches. You can either bookmark them as a positive thing or use it as an ignore function. When you arrive at a cache page you now have the option to "ignore listing". Clicking that effectively removes it from your searches and pocket queries. Useful for people like me that don't search for virtuals or many puzzles.

Premium members can view other users bookmarked caches (if the creator allows) and it could be used for a "top 10 list", etc.

I have been looking for an ignore function like this for quite some time and while I don't really care about the "prettiness factor" of the new UI I am glad he didn't make it more difficult to use and understand.

Enjoy.
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed the ignore is nice, but now I can't think of a cache I need to use it on. Perhaps some old disabled caches in my nearest 20 unfound, but I'd like the option of knowing if they become available again.

The UI is a little nicer, I like the fact there's less unused space when the page is viewed at higher resolutions. Bookmarking is okay, might prove more useful in the future after people start using it.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
Agreed the ignore is nice, but now I can't think of a cache I need to use it on. Perhaps some old disabled caches in my nearest 20 unfound, but I'd like the option of knowing if they become available again.

The list is there and shows every cache you placed on it. You can always go back and take a look at it and remove individual caches if you really wanted to.
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally get to remove dyl1231 caches from my list!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: