MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back and Caching

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimbreWlf
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Back and Caching Reply with quote

I see that many of you have been very busy in my absence, and I've got quite a bit of work to do to catch up. My 14 month tour of duty in the middle east is completed. I want to thank all of you for your cards, email, prayers and care packages. My soldiers and I certainly appreciate all of the support from home. KB (Ian), Eagleyes (Carl&Jean), Loneeagle_24 (Dave), among others...Thank You.

Geocaching in Iraq. Well, I got within 200 meters of a cache in Mosul, but my duties precluded me from seeking the cache. Detainees as a general rule are not into Geocaching - and they call US infidels. I wasn't able to look in Balad for the same reason. I did look for one at CP Liberty (formerly Camp Victory), but when I couldn't find it, I found it had been moved. I had considered placing a cache, but I wasn't about to put the grid coordinates for Abu Ghurayb on the website, and give the anit-geocaching insurgency a valid target.

I look forward to hitting the woods very soon, and possibly attending an event or two. Hopefully, it will be a little while before I leave again.

Thanks again for your continued support
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad your back!!! I just found one of yours yesterday...(timbrewlf cache)

Hope you get to spend more time home!!

Shawn Smile
pogopod
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Back.
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn glad your back and back home safe.

Thank you very much for your dedicated service. For those of us that have served in the past we understand the difficulties and issues you have had to deal with for the past 14 months.

Spend some time with your family, wherever they may be. Get reaquainted with life in the World again. Not much has changed here really. But take it slow and if possible take the time to let your family adjust as well.

Again, thanks for your service.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guy,

When you're ready, I remember the place to meet for a brew. Welcome home !

Last edited by King Boreas on Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timbrewlf - I'm new here and have not met you, but I certainly am looking forward to it! I second Arcticabn's comments - I spent some time in and out of Riyadh and Dhaharan about 13 years ago, and remember a whole lot of sand! Welcome home, sir, and thank you for your service! I also enjoyed your timbrewlf cache with my boys and am looking forward to more. Enjoy getting back into your life...
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have you home safe and sound.

Thank you for keeping the world a safer place.

Hubby is a Viatnam vet and so all vets are loved in our home.

Welcome home.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wayfarin Stranger
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome home TimbreWlf.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My soldiers and I certainly appreciate all of the support from home. KB (Ian), Eagleyes (Carl&Jean), Loneeagle_24 (Dave), among others...Thank You.

Nice to have you back Timbrewlf!!!
I was sort of diappointed that I got pulled off the list of those going. (It was one of those unit integrity things). There were some guys that had kid's on the way and still ended up going. All three groups of soldiers that left from our battalian (about 350 soldiers all together) are now over in Iraq. They can't say where they are for security reasons. Have sent numerous letters back to the home unit and things are going well. They got high praise for the area they are/were in during the elections. They said there were no incidents of any violence in the area they were patrolling during the three days before or after the elections.

I will look back a couple of weeks and see if I can find the local paper with an address and some of the items that they could use, if anyone is interested in sending some things over to them.

These soldiers are from units of 1/151FA with the headquarters in Montevideo.
Irvingdog
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome home, God protect you, and thank you for serving your country (all of us) like you do. Give 'em heck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: