MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PWD accessible caches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GPSr
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: PWD accessible caches Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I was wondering if there are any wheelchair accesible caches in the Twin Cities or outstate Minnesota. I notice a lot are rated 1/1 but the only one that comes to mind is Rickrich's "Milling Around". There are plenty of paved trails in the parks but you always end up in the trees at some point. Just wondering.
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: PWD accessible caches Reply with quote

GPSr wrote:
Hi everyone. I was wondering if there are any wheelchair accesible caches in the Twin Cities or outstate Minnesota. I notice a lot are rated 1/1 but the only one that comes to mind is Rickrich's "Milling Around". There are plenty of paved trails in the parks but you always end up in the trees at some point. Just wondering.

GCH9Z6 Maximum Exposure II by RJ would be a good one in my opinion.
As well as GCHF98 Eh? Caco Nan... by RJ

Funny you should bring this topic up... I was thinking about this very thing today. I think if cachers knew that disabled folks were doing caches in the area, they might be apt to post its accesibility on their pages.
Good luck!
-JT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of mine are WC accessable.

Tradecraft 101 is in Downtown Apple Valley. Your going to do about a mile or so but it is all urban terrain.

Out Bills Back Door and Micro Madness 2 is WC accessable with the priviso that you are willing to go out on the grass. Both should be located within arms reach assuming you can find them (hehe).

I believe that all of RJ's "Maximum Exposure" are WC accessable as well.

Last edited by Arcticabn on Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silent Billy Goats Gruffy should be WC accessable depending on how the previous finder rehides the final cache. Most people in wheelchairs would need a cache located within reach from their chair.

I have always been on a personal crusade to have cache owners move their 1* terrain caches to 1.5 if they aren't truly WC accessable.
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember the name Embarassed , but there's a micro very close to Lake Hariet Band Stand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Wicket wrote:
I can't remember the name Embarassed , but there's a micro very close to Lake Hariet Band Stand.

RJs Bandshell Cache. I probably messed up the name though Wink
Wayfarin Stranger
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check here for wheelchair accessible caches. The webmaster hasn't kept up on the site, but there is a list for all the states. My VR, [url=http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=00837331-f761-44d3-b05f-ac1a3d2cf79f]
Blackbird[/url] is wheelchair accessible, but is disabled until April when the museum opens again.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bellsouthpwp.net/g/e/geocache/Minnesota.html

Thanks
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the caches I just placed on saturday, 12 Feb 05 (cache will be named "Foot Lake Micro Mini" if your interested) is/will be accesible by wheelchair once the snow is gone.

Cache to my knowledge hasn't been approved just yet though. Cache is located in Willmar, MN. About 70 miles west of the TC.

Area by cache has a lot of water by it now. Snowmelt hasn't had a chance to soak into the ground yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: