MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ultimate Imaginary Cache Game

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perrine
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:08 pm    Post subject: Ultimate Imaginary Cache Game Reply with quote

Exclamation The Ultimate Imaginary Cache Exclamation (UIC)

Like its name, it is the ultimate cache, but alas, it exists only in our imagination. Wink

I’ve placed this UIC in the most fabulous natural spot you can imagine! So, when you seek it out, you can venture out at any time and as many times as you want. As with all caches, you can take an item and leave an item. Since this is all imaginary, come prepared to leave something truly memorable that another cacher can treasure. It can be any size, price, realistic or not. You are limited only by your imagination!

When logging your find of the UIC, describe the area where your dream cache was located – was it on Mars? Underground? In water? On a cloud? What did you take from the cache and why you chose to leave what you did? Copy the list of what remains in the cache so the next cacher knows what goodies remain.

I placed the following items in the UIC. Let the search begin!

Message from Heaven
Green thumb
Invisibility cloak
Chocolate
Pain relief
Case of Tabasco
Vikings season tickets
Million dollars
Hair
Ability to time travel
Water
Ability to fly
All expense paid vacation to a dream destination
Live in nanny/cook/house cleaner

Here's my log for when I placed the cache.
After moving aside large chunks of garnet, sapphire and amethyst from the side of the hill, I found the most perfect cache hiding place! Laughing I carefully wedged the cache between a wall of silver and gold where the treasures inside would be protected from accidental discovery. After recovering the cache, I wandered off in search of more gems for my collection wondering what other cachers would take and leave.
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to post a reply on the thread at the bottom of the last page in the General Section of the forums, just for gits and shiggles. It should be a long time before it makes it's way back to the bottom.

Great cache, this UIC. If I found that one, I could cache full-time.

Here's my post for the find on this UIC cache:

I had a great walk to the cache. I saw many many friendly dogs that wanted to play fetch all day, but I had to keep moving to find the treasure I sought. I came down a dirt trail, downhill, and the gpsr only said 50 feet off or so. But since I was next to a hill, it pointed me at a little doorway, about 3 feet tall and covered in moss. As I grasped the little brass knob, the door creaked and groaned from years of not moving. I peered inside and saw a faint glow about 20 feet away, but it was coming from around a corner. I debated whether or not to enter but I couldn't resist the urge to score another find. Crawling on my belly, I made it to the corner and looked around it. I saw a room the size of the Metrodome filled with everything I could ever want.

The contents of the cache are:

Message from Heaven
Green thumb
Invisibility cloak
Chocolate
Pain relief
Case of Tabasco
Vikings season tickets
Million dollars
Hair
Ability to time travel
Water
Ability to fly

Brand new kevlar kayak for me to use this summer.

Needless to say I rehid the cache MUCH better than I found it! Razz Ever hear of 2 by 4's and anchor bolts?
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a nice, scenic walk to the cache, not unlike the walk to Jabs Farm. The whole family came along for the hunt: dyl1231, seabiskit, kathleen, and of course nonlinear-kelsey. It was springtime, and the bugs weren't out yet. The cache was very well hidden, but nobody complained about how long the search was taking. Kathleen made the find, her first FTF, and as a result she became completely hooked on geocaching.

On the way out, the kids spotted a gigantic play area with unbelievable slides and tunnels. There was a rope jungle gym that seabiskit could hang upside down from. Kelsey played with dogs and went swimming in the adjacent dog park, which had an automatic ball throwing machine. Nearby was a refreshment stand with 50 cent hot dogs and 25 cent taps. Thats where Kathleen and I relaxed.

Soon, other cachers showed up, fresh from hunting the cache. We all got black lines, some got tan lines, and we stayed there the rest of the afternoon. Soon it turned into a game of "hide and hunt the temporary cache". Kids versus adults. And boy were those kids evil with their hides.

Oh yeah, I took the million dollars and left a green dress (But not a real green dress, that's cruel).

-Rick

Current cache contents:

Message from Heaven
Green thumb
Invisibility cloak
Chocolate
Pain relief
Case of Tabasco
Vikings season tickets
Green dress (but not a real green dress, that's cruel)
Hair
Ability to time travel
Water
Ability to fly
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
50 cent hot dogs and 25 cent taps

Right Now I'm logging a slight can't find...I got stuck at the taps.....[/quote]
hardware
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really can't afford to be spending a lot of money on geocaching right now, but that should all take care of itself soon. and even had i struck out in my cache search, the helicopter ride was still worth it.

having never climbed, nor ever wanting to climb, a mountain, this is about the only reason i can think of that would bring me to the top of the mountain.

while a hide atop mount rushmore or mount everest would have been quite cool, finding the cache atop the pinnacle of greek mythology, mount olympus, is the ultimate cache find. the mountain views on the way up were amazing, when the clouds weren't interrupting my view. ascending to the mountain top through a line of clouds is not for the faint of heart, mind you, but the view from the top is worth it. thank goodness for the skilled pilot.

the cache was rather easy to find once we landed atop olympus. there weren't many places to hide a cache this big, not atop mount olympus, anyway.

all was quiet up there. the only sign of any activity atop the mountain was a log from eros, the god of love and son of aphrodite. it read: 'i have everything i could ever want, except tabasco. my father, hephaestus, would never allow it in his house. so i took the case of tabasco and left a bottle of my patented love potion. this is the ninth bottle i have produced. use it cautiously. TFTC, eros.'

money can't buy you love, they say, but you can make a lot of money if you have the ability to travel through time. considering how much i enjoy time travel tales, (i've watched the 'back to the future' movies about 100 times,) i took the ability to travel through time. i plan to spend it traveling to the past, primarily. i didn't have much of value to leave behind, other than a can of musical talent (liquid form). one can of this will bless its recipient with the ability to excel at singing or the musical insturment of his/her choice.

-Hardware

Current cache contents:

Message from Heaven
Green thumb
Invisibility cloak
Chocolate
Pain relief
Love potion #9
Vikings season tickets
Hair
Musical talent (liquid form)
Water
Ability to fly
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quest for the imaginary cache started with the formation of a new geocaching team: Team Myth. Team Myth included notable cachers such as Arcticabn, Zeus, Plato, Timaeus and Critias. Team Myth originally formed in the year before now 360BC.

The quest to locate the “Cache of Poseidon” located at the top of the central hill, on a beautiful island nation. This island nation located at 25 degrees 24.692 North and 61 degrees 11.101 West. This island was once populated by a noble and powerful race. The people of this land possessed great wealth thanks to the natural resources found throughout their island. The island was a center for trade and commerce. The rulers of this land held sway over the people and land of their own island and well into Europe and Africa.

The island was very unusual as it appeared from above to be five concentric rings of land and water obviously designed for security. This must have been the creation of the gods.

Our adventure began in the usual way, long plane flight to a departure point. Boarded a large research vessel for this trip knowing how rough the Atlantic seas could get this time of year. We eventually made our way to the posted coordinates. We dawned our breathing apparatus and hit the water. We swam down, down and further down until the water became as black as the largest black hole in space. But our underwater low frequency GPSr were working quite well. We zeroed into the spot posted.

We found at the top of the central hill, a temple was built to honor Poseidon which housed a giant gold statue of Poseidon riding a chariot pulled by winged horses. It was here that the rulers of the nation would come to discuss laws, pass judgments, and pay tribute to Poseidon.

Ah but Poseidon was a tricky bastard. It was a multicache. All this work to find the lost city of Atlantis and we still can log a find.

Oh well, I guess the adventure will have to continue.

Nothing to take, Nothing to Leave. The Adventure Continues.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW...I just got done spending the entire day at the bar with 25cent taps...Now I gotta go caching...

I'm going to have to log another can't find on this cache because I'm too drunk to drive or look for it.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a great find, and the location is supurb--Big Sky, Montana in the late 70s-early 80s before the developers and loggers discovered it. The view from the actual cache is excellent, and hiding it at the summit of Lone Mountain was a great idea. It was made better by the trek up, hiking up Lunch Box ridge rather than using the tram (which isn't there yet, as it didn't show up until the mid-90s). I took the live in nanny/cook/house cleaner--even though I don't need a nanny, I need someone else to take care of my honey-do list so I can go caching, and I left clear skies and fresh mountain air. So now the cache contents are--

Message from Heaven
Green thumb
Invisibility cloak
Chocolate
Pain relief
Love potion #9
Vikings season tickets
Hair
Musical talent (liquid form)
Water
Ability to fly
All expense paid vacation to a dream location
Clear skies
Fresh mountain air
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wanted to play this game since it was listed, but I'm not very creative. HEH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: