MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone know what this is?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: anyone know what this is? Reply with quote

I've found about five of these in damaged/removed/plundered caches over the past few months. I always throw it away. It's an opaque bottle with some liquid inside. I don't know who leaves them, or for what purpose.

If you see any of these, you have my permission (REQUEST !) to remove them.

Thank you, and support your local Park District.

::: giggle :::

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
Abe&Carly
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like one of those bubble maker containers. It should have a little stem attached to the cap to imerse it in the soapy mixture, all you have to do is blow. We had them at our wedding a few years back. They are better then rice being thrown at us. Wink
LanceVE
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen them before as well, same as Abe & Carly....

Bubble Soap most likely...

It would be a good idea for whoever is leaving them to label them though. Unlabeled, the Hazmat Crew would have a field day with them.....
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lance,

I thought maybe I was being a lttle paranoid. I recall posts stating bubbles, so that's probably it. Mystery solved ?

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
pogopod
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are correct KB. I used to sell them. Sometimes they come in bottles shaped like champaign bottles. Harmless stuff. Unless they leak.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that it's probably bubbles from a wedding. I usually try to trade for anything containing liquid that I find in a cache, and thus I now have 4 or 5 bottles of Purell Hand Sanitizer and a couple of things of bubbles--freezing and thawing isn't good for liquids, and the bottles could get crushed and leak smelly stuff over all the other stuff and make the cache unpleasant--I have enough little cars, mc-toys, beanies, etc. that I can pass on those to remove little bottles of liquids.
EelSid
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like someone just got hitched and is trying to get rid of all the extras. I can't imagine any other reason why someone would leave them in a geocache!
Abe&Carly
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the main reason these things get left in caches, is that these bubble things have been given away at almost every wedding we have been to (about a million) lately, and they just end up in the corners of the living room or rolling around in cars and thus seem prime for caches. However, I don't think we have left any in caches, as the liquid=frozen liquid=ice=mess equation was a deterrant. Hand sanitizer though, maybe that should be a standard in every cache, as usually the hands get pretty grimy by the time the cache is found. Hand sanitizer is mostly alcohol after all. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: